Translate

Sunday 2 August 2015

1st August 2015 Ringing Swindon STW déjà vu!

Hi,
unfortunately and rather frustratingly I have lost all photos from the second half of the week on Coll! Thankfully most of the action came from the first but still many memories lost :(

So after my posting being so abysmal recently, I have decided to start from a fresh and keep it up from now on.

Yesterday saw Matt, Anna, Noah (and his Mum), Simon (and his mate) take to the sewerage works for a CES session. This was to be my first of the year even though this is the ninth to take place. It is all down to me being available for Sundays and them being the day for Tree Sparrow nest boxes, which is by no means a bad thing! Today (for me) one bird stole the show and brought back déjà vu from when I was that age! That being a year ago, so not too unbelievable...

But this was where Matt had managed to catch one of the most trickiest birds in the book. The Green Sandpiper, but all of us round the ringing table had ringed it apart from the newcomer, and friend Noah! He started near enough the same time as I did, only a year later, and at this point as with me was when I first laid eyes (and hands) on a Green Sandpiper! Freaky but just shows you how affective Matt has become with catching these freshwater Waders.


Going back to previous events we also caught a Kingfisher which happened to fly into our nets yesterday as well, although two yesterday, highly peculiar! 
Matt educating Noah as well as me with his recently ringed beauty.


Trying to make the Green Sand look good without putting it in an uncomfortable position is a struggle!

One pose many Wader ringers utilise.

Kingfisher from this year, shame it was out of focus, all pics from phone.

My Kingfisher not best pleased with Paul!

Overall the day was great with some major catches of recently fledged juveniles. 2 Lesser Whitethroats was another highlight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment