Translate

Monday 11 August 2014

Chippenham to Inveraray 11th August 2014

Hi, just a quick post about the longest drive known to man...

Today was the day that my Granny and I had been waiting for all year, the trip to the Outer Hebrides has begun... The start though was as predicted, boring, repetitive and sore-bumative! We spent 9 hours criss-crossing our way towards the destination of Inveraray. While in the car desperate for the toilet, I found a Red Kite in Gloucestershire along with 3 Buzzards and a pair of  Yellowhammers. Soon after crossing the border and making my Granny endure my singing and chat that never ceased. I found three Goldfinches and a solitary Linnet.

The "childish behaviour" and "acting like 2 year old" comments never stopped until we finally saw the sign "Inveraray", alas the journey had ended and the old Skoda could finally have a break after being smashed down the motorway (for my Grandmas standard which is the given speed limit, gives you an idea of how tedious it was!)  I decided to have a walk round  loch Fyne to give me a break! I found 10 Oystercatchers, 2 Common Gulls, 1 Curlew, 1 Cormorant and 3 Herons.
Common Gull looking for tea

Juvenile because of blackish tip at the end of bill.

What an adventure for a first day, a few miss-turns and my Grandmas door being broken causing her  to army roll over my seat, smashing every bit of food by my feet. Which was hilarious it proved better than anticipated but still hellishly slow, thanks Granny! The standard answer after I say "Granny why are you going so slow uhhhhh!" Granny: "conserving fuel, you'll realise what I mean when you're older and have a car!" Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment